Monday, September 13, 2010

It really was Monday

Back working with children today! It was very nice to see them all again but not nice to be so displaced.

My classroom as of 11:00.  Note the beautiful purple floor!

We had a fairly rough day but we think a lot of it had to do with the fact that our children haven’t been in school for 10 days and were certainly out of the routine and had forgotten (or were ignoring) previously set expectations. It was also the first time the two classes worked together so friends were happy to see each other and enjoyed chatting rather than listening. I also discovered that co-teaching is very difficult. We both have very different ways of dealing with our classes. And it was hard to know who should be taking the lead and I didn’t want to step on her toes or interfere with her kids.


So I made it through the day but am celebrating the fact that my classroom was finished this afternoon and tomorrow I get to be back in my own room. It will be a big job to get organized again because they simply moved everything into the hallway and since I didn’t before-hand things were not organized for a move. I have already discovered that some of my supplies are missing (like my bin of glue and scissors) so I am hoping that as everyone settles back in more items are returned to their rightful place. The time with no students has also given me a lot of time to reflect on my routines, especially first thing in the morning, and what I want to do with the physical space as well (read: made ‘to do’ lists!) I am looking forward to getting settled back into the routine of things.


Hoping tomorrow goes much more smoothly,

Margot

PS 16 really is a GREAT class size!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. It will be emailed to us where we can have a look at it before posting it.